Reports to: Chi-Matic Staff Manager
Chi-Matic (pronounced ‘shy-mat-ick’) is a boutique consulting firm focused on guiding health systems through large technology implementations, assisting revenue cycle leadership in streamlining business processes with the use of technology resulting in improvements in cash collected or reduction in cost to collect. Based out of Madison, Wisconsin, our team has worked with over 125 healthcare organizations around the country to build thriving programs through collaborative planning, successful implementation, and metric-driven optimization.
Individualized Growth | Accountability | Integrity | Curiosity | No Fear of Failure
Chi-Matic is looking for top quality leaders with 5+ years of Epic Access Leadership experience, specifically in the practice management/ambulatory practice area. This consultant will focus on gathering business requirements, designing overall operation of patient access services, providing system-wide oversight of delivery services that facilitate patient access to ambulatory department services. The consultant will provide recommendations over registration and scheduling related workflows and systems, while also optimizing patient- facing functions. The consultant will coordinate with executive leadership, Information Technology (IT), and cross-functional stakeholder groups to ensure that the planning and direction of comprehensive programs for integrated practice management and its intersection with revenue cycle are aligned with the organization’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
This role has the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic input to senior leadership for the establishment of processes and partnerships to enhance patient access to care, including identification of scheduling and registration. Key focus areas include, but are not limited to , template management, scheduling processes, schedgistration, integrated referral management, and in-clinic workflow best practices
- Champion efforts to improve processes that achieve superior customer service, access, and satisfaction
- Partner with client to establish triage and scheduling policies and procedures to ensure a seamless, patient experience across their ambulatory services
- Develop and manage project plan around practice management, change management and present project status updates to leadership
- Identify gap areas and collaborate with key stakeholders to establish protocols to ensure optimal patient/referring provider access; includes but not limited to, e-visits, international visits, and transition of care
- Collaborate with client to establish a service level expectations/key performance indicators for scheduling staff that are consistent with national standards
- Work closely with the reporting or analytics resources to lead efforts in establishing reporting dashboards that accurately track staff and practice performance and provider/template capacity.
- 8+ years managerial roles, of which 5+ years should be in Access/practice management or related areas
- Knowledge of detailed patient access and ambulatory patient interface processes, specifically in an Epic ambulatory EHR platform
- Knowledge of the access and revenue cycle process flow and the interdependence of systems which affect revenue cycle outcomes
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong ability to speak to and drive operation key metrics
- Excellent oral and written cross disciplinary communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to all levels of an organization
- Specific knowledge in managing and improving the performance of complex operational systems and revenue cycle functions across multiple platforms
- Full time, salaried employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package (unlimited paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) matching, parental leave, short term disability, life insurance, and more!)
- Full-time hourly employees are eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and 401(k) matching
- All employees will be provided with home office equipment